Mavericks Soccer Club training sessions for all age groups cover tactical, technical, physical and psychological elements. Each training session is organized into three blocks 1, Warm-up, 2, main part (which includes technical, physical and tactical exercises) and 3, scrimmages. The season plan relates to age-specific requirements for each player within the team environment. These change as players grow and develop, the higher the number within the practice content the higher the importance at the specific age (#5 are essential for the development of players at this age group, #0 is not required at this age group)
Basic Stage Training Sessions
WARM UP (10 min)
- Fun & dynamic games, passing & possession practices, stretching and dynamic movement
MAIN PART OF SESSION
Physical (15 min)
- Exercises based on agility, speed, coordination, and balance
Technical (20 min)
- Unopposed practices to develop quality and opposed practices to develop competitiveness. Opposed practices are more realistic and force players to make decisions as they would in a game.
Tactical (15 min)
- Practice games based on the basic understanding of the game (attacking principles), possession, combination play, playing out of the back and finishing
SCRIMMAGE (25 min)
- Games based on position specific, quick movement of the ball and distribution of space.