The George Pastor Young Coaches Program
The Mavericks Young Coaches Program has been created for Mavericks players of high school age who want to make a positive impact in their community. We want to reintroduce the Young Coaches Program to the club as part of a strategic effort to build stronger bonds with the community.
Mavericks also want to establish a learning environment and develop coaches from within our own program, providing our players with a platform to develop leadership, communication skills, and overall professional skills in an environment that these players already feel and safe and comfortable.
The goals of the Young Coaches Program
- To help young adults improve their leadership skills, self-confidence, and community ties
- To introduce young adults to concepts of coaching education and child development
- To show young adults how to use sports to impart life lessons
- To create role models for the next generation of youth soccer players
- To expose our players to soccer opportunities beyond play, thereby enhancing retention, and integration of soccer as a lifetime passion
What do young coaches do and who is eligible?
Young Coaches are each assigned to a younger team within the club.
Must attend and assist coaching at one practice per week consistently with the team that is assigned
Must be able to communicate with the DOC and Head Coach in a professional manner
Participate in Mavericks clinics and academy programs.
Attend and support assigned team for at least 2 home games during the season
Must commit to the Mavericks Young Coaches program for at least one season
Open only to current Mavericks players.
What Else is Required?
- A one season program (either spring or fall)
- Players must be of high school age
- Players must be able to attend a monthly coaches meeting and a coaching training seminars
- Mavericks DOC and Technical Director will oversee all young coaches
- The first season participants are volunteers. Many local high schools and college applications expect some community service.
- After the first season, players will be paid if selected to continue in the Young Coaches program for a second season.
- All participants receive a Mavericks Soccer Club Young Coaches uniform
- Opportunity to earn USSF grassroots coaching licenses through the USSF online digital coaching center.
- Opportunity, if selected to work on Mavericks "Open" Summer Camps
All players that are interested in the Young Coaches Program should fill in an application form. Click Here for the application form
If you have any questions related to the Young Coaches Program please contact the clubs DOC at firstname.lastname@example.org